With the continuous development and progress of society. More and more stainless steel pipe products are known and utilized by everyone. So how is the stainless steel pipe produced and formed step by step? How is the process of stainless steel welded pipe?
Customers also have some doubts about the production process of stainless steel pipes. They think that stainless steel pipe raw materials can be produced by ordinary smelting. In fact, it is not the case. During the production of stainless steel pipes, the processes adopted according to different types of stainless steel pipes will be slightly different.
Stainless steel pipe production process
1. Calendering and annealing
Heat the workpiece to a predetermined temperature, hold it for a certain period of time, and then cool it down slowly.
The slitting of the stainless steel coil is to cut the stainless steel coil into the corresponding width, so as to carry out further processing and pipe making. During the slitting process, attention should be paid to the scratches of the slitting knife on the coil, the width and error of the slitting, In addition, the slitting is related to the pipe making process, and the slitting capes and burrs are very important to the pipe making process.
3. Welding and bead grinding
The most important process of stainless steel pipe, stainless steel mainly adopts argon arc welding and plasma welding. In the process of stainless steel welded pipe process, it is necessary to polish and water-cool the outer weld bead accordingly. For the weld bead, water cooling is performed first. , Grind the weld bead directly with a water mill until it is smooth, and perform grinding and dressing of the weld bead.
4. Shaping and cutting
The stainless steel welded pipe process is called extrusion production. All square tubes and rectangular tubes are originally made of round tubes. After producing round tubes with the same circumference, they are then extruded into corresponding square tubes and rectangular tubes. Finally Shaping and straightening with molds.
There are several processes for the surface treatment of the usual product pipes and decorative pipes, such as polishing, while the drawn sand is divided into round sand and straight sand, which are respectively suitable for the needs of customers at different levels.
Stainless steel welded pipe process
Stainless steel welded pipes, that is, stainless steel plates and stainless steel coils are welded on opposite sides by machines. The welded stainless steel pipes are collectively referred to as stainless steel welded pipes, and stainless steel welded pipes, they are divided into multiple types of welded pipes, such as round pipes, square pipes, and rectangular pipes. Tube, stainless steel shaped tube, stainless steel grooved tube.
Stainless steel welded pipes are generally 6 meters in length. Cutting is the most basic processing method. Commonly used are ordinary grinder cutting, precision cutting, and circular saw cutting. Among them, precise cutting achieves the advantages of precision, high quality, and low loss. The stainless steel pipe can be accurately cut to a size of 2mm, the loss can be controlled within 1mm, and the cut stainless steel welded pipe has no burrs. The wall thickness of the stainless steel decorative welded pipe is uniform, the inner and outer surfaces of the pipe have high gloss, and the thickness can be made into a thin pipe or a thick pipe.
- There is also a great demand for stainless steel decorative pipes to be used to make furniture because stainless steel is resistant to corrosion and oxidation. It is also very convenient and simple to clean.
- Stainless steel pipes are also used in conjunction with glass, marble, and other materials when making furniture. There will also be bending for modeling, and the technical requirements for stainless steel welded pipe are also very high.
- The advantages of stair handrails made of stainless steel decorative tubes are that the surface is smooth and burr-free, generous and simple, and not easy to change color. When there are stains on the surface, they can be wiped clean with a wet towel, and the characteristic of stainless steel is that it is not easy to rust.
- The stainless steel screen is a decorative product that has been gradually used indoors in recent years.
- Appearance: stainless steel welded pipe: uniform wall thickness, high brightness inside and outside the pipe, can be arbitrarily cut to length, and can be made into thin-walled pipes.
- Stainless Steel Seamless Tubing: Uneven wall thickness, low brightness inside and outside the tube, high cost of cutting to length, and pitting and black spots on the inside and outside are difficult to remove. Usually, the walls are thicker. Slowly approaching seamless pipes, in some respects, welded pipes can replace seamless pipes. The corrosion resistance and pressure and high temperature resistance of seamless pipes are much higher than those of stainless steel welded pipes.
- Price: The production process of stainless steel seamless pipe is more complicated, so the price of stainless steel seamless pipe is more expensive than that of stainless steel welded pipe.
Stainless steel welded pipe process precautions
- Use a power supply with vertical external characteristics, and use positive polarity for DC.
- It is generally suitable for welding thin plates below 6mm and has the characteristics of a beautiful weld shape and small welding deformation.
- The protective gas is argon with a purity of 99.99%. When the welding current is 50~150A, the flow rate of argon gas is 8~10L/min, when the current is 150~250A, the flow rate of argon gas is 12~15L/min.
- The protruding length of the tungsten electrode from the gas nozzle is preferably 4~5mm, 2~3mm in places with poor shielding such as fillet welding, and 5~6mm in places with deep slots. The distance from the nozzle to the work is generally not more than 15mm.
- In order to prevent the appearance of welding pores, if there are rust and oil stains on the welding parts, they must be cleaned up.
- The length of the welding arc is preferably 2~4mm when welding ordinary steel, and 1~3mm when welding stainless steel. If it is too long, the protection effect will not be good.
- When butt-bottoming, in order to prevent the back of the bottom weld bead from being oxidized, the back also needs to be protected by gas.
- In order to make the argon gas well protect the welding pool and facilitate the welding operation, the centerline of the tungsten electrode and the workpiece at the welding place should generally maintain an angle of 80~85°, and the angle between the filler wire and the surface of the workpiece should be as small as possible. Generally, it is about 10°.
- Windproof and ventilation. In windy places, please take measures to block the net, and take appropriate ventilation measures indoors.